Fire Breaks Out in IDP Dormitory

A fire broke out in a 5 floor dormitory for Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) situated at the intersection of Sherifszade and Isfendiyar Zulalov streets in Yasaml district.

Firefighters and ambulances were called to the site – by then several flats had completely burned out.  Residents consider the electrical wiring the cause of fire.

Zemine Babayeva, whose flat burned down, says that there have been fire breakouts on several occasions due to short-circuiting.

Although residents repeatedly informed the relevant institutions to repair the circuitry, no substantial steps were taken to further prevent the issue.

While you are here …

We have a small favor to ask of you. In an environment where information is under tight government control, Meydan TV works hard to ensure that people have access to quality independent journalism. We shed light on stories you might otherwise not read because we believe that those who cannot speak up deserve to be heard, and those in power need to be held accountable. We invest considerable time, effort and resources to do so, which is why we need your help.

Your support empowers our courageous journalists, many of whom work at great personal risk to freedom and safety. Every contribution to the protection of independent journalism in Azerbaijan matters. Thank you.

SUPPORT US
Featured in:  
Shortlink:   http://mtv.re/tlqo54

Most Viewed