: Project Manager
: As soon as possible
: Tbilisi, Georgia
: 1,000 EUR/net (40 hrs/week)
Meydan TV is a non-profit digital media platform delivering independent news to Azerbaijan, where news is heavily censored by the government. As the Washington Post wrote last year, “The experience of Meydan TV teaches that the digital byways can enable free information to reach closed societies and bypass tyrants.” Our work is based on the belief that independent media is a crucial part of a free and just society.
We’re looking for a committed and enthusiastic full-time project manager to join the team, working from a centrally located office in Tbilisi.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Program Director in Berlin, you will provide administrative and budgeting support for our Meydan TV’s international programs and operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in strategic reviews and development of the project with the management team and project staff;
- Develop project objectives, activities, deliverables and related budget;
- Ensure that all project-related activities are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget;
- Ensure that necessary human resources are planned and recruited in order to ensure proper implementation of planned project activities;
- Develop a detailed project workplan to track progress;
- Coordinate all aspects of project implementation;
- Oversee project finances along with the Financial Manager;
- Prepare funding applications;
- Prepare narrative reports on project activities and expenditures for donors;
- Represent the organization vis-à-vis national and international partners;
- Liaise with project partners and donors;
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation;
- Monitor security situation and respond to security issues;
- Be available for project-related travel;
- Perform other duties, as necessary.
- University degree in a relevant field, such as media, international relations, area studies;
- Excellent command of English and either Russian, Azeri, or Turkish;
- Experience and success in a project management and/or fundraising role;
- Strong communication skills;
- Excellent competence in MS Office (including Excel);
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple tasks;
- Strong administration skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work under pressure and outside usual working hours;
- Highly motivated, determined, and passionate about the work.
Please send your application in English in one PDF file (cover letter, CV) to job[at]meydan.tv please include “
” in the subject line. Applications will be considered as they arrive.