As soon as possible
700 EUR/net (40 hrs/week)
Meydan TV is a non-profit digital media platform delivering independent news to Azerbaijan, where news is heavily censored by the government. As the
has written, “The experience of Meydan TV teaches that the digital byways can enable free information to reach closed societies and bypass tyrants.” Our work is based on the belief that independent media is a crucial part of a free and just society.
We’re looking for a committed and enthusiastic full-time program assistant to join our Tbilisi team.
You will provide programmatic, administrative, budgeting and logistical support for Meydan TV’s projects, reporting to the Project Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Stay abreast of developments in Azerbaijan and proactively inform members of the team of important developments;
- Conduct daily monitoring of Azerbaijani media and produce short reports;
- Prepare information for narrative reports;
- Keep project management tracking systems updated;
- Translate selected content and correspondence;
- Provide other translation and interpretation services;
- Regularly (monthly) update project budgets;
- Research new equipment purchases and ensure necessary information is in place for procurement;
- Maintain a proper filing system;
- Maintain an up-to-date contact list;
- Ensure smooth daily operations, including office management, of the Tbilisi office;
- Work in concert with Project Director and other members of the team to ensure smooth and timely project implementation and completion;
- Other relevant duties, as required.
- Prior work experience in project management, preferably with an NGO or international organization;
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work in a culturally diverse team;
- Advanced computer skills, in particular excellent knowledge of Excel;
- Fluency in Azeri, Russian and English. Knowledge of Georgian is an advantage.
Please send your application in English in one PDF file (cover letter, CV) to
Please include “Program Assistant” in the subject line.
Application deadline: 16 September 2018.